Friday, June 22, 2012

Ambition

"The most difficult times for many of us are the ones we give ourselves."
- Pema Chodron

I have big ideas by which I am often overwhelmed. My reaction to feeling overwhelmed is generally to go into a tailspin of furious yet inefficient activity. For example, I'm very likely to be found emptying cabinets and wiping shelves in the middle of a kitchen full of dirty dishes. This weekend I'm going to make a daily schedule. It will be a sort of ideal day for each day of the week. I don't expect that I'll actually stick to this schedule accurately, but I'm hoping it will help me stay focused and free my mind by giving me an outline for the day. A morning song with the family, an affirmation for the day, and time for meditation and yoga will be part of this new structure. I'll be posting updates as things develop.

No comments: